enefits of a Business Insurance Review
Every business in the North Bay, at some time, should have their business insurance reviewed by an independent insurance agent like North Bay Insurance Brokers If it has been more than a year since your last review, now may be a good time. We review all our clients’ insurance needs on a regular basis. There are many benefits to an insurance review including:
- Prices change and a review can determine if you are getting competitive rates on your insurance.
- Your coverage needs may have changed and your policy should reflect these changes.
- There may be new insurance companies to which we have access.
- Laws and regulations are changing and may require a different kind of insurance
Why Review My California Business Insurance?
We have identified a number of questions that might indicate your business insurance is out of date.
- Have you moved?
- Did you purchase any new equipment?
- Do you have a up to date employee handbook?
- Are you involved in any new partnerships?
- Have you seen an increase in your claims?
- Do you ship products to foreign countries?
- Has your ownership changed?
- Do your vehicles cross state lines?
- Has one of the owners recently become divorced?
- Have you experienced growth?
We live in difficult financial times and making sure we save money wherever we can is very important. Having us preform an insurance review might just be what is needed to protect your assets while putting money back in your pocket.
Our professionals work diligently to understand our client’s risks, goals, culture & vision in order to develop with you a risk management program to support your mission.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. provides insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas.
No matter what business you’re in, each workday is dedicated to doing your job well and providing your customers with the best service possible. North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. would like to return the favor by giving you the coverage you need to ensure the security of your business.
California Specialty Construction Risks
California Specialty contractor’s insurance coverage has become just as important to a contractor as it is to an architect or engineer. New methods of service delivery have created risks and exposures that need to be understood by Contractors. California contractors have many different liability exposures when they manage a building project, sub contract work, perform or subcontract a design, modify plans, change a manufacturer’s specifications, or provide construction management services to a project owner. Course of construction, accidents, timelines, change orders and contract administration are all concerns.
North Bay Insurance Brokers provides services to all kinds of contractors and other businesses.
Specialty Contractor’s Insurance Should Include:
- The basic contractor insurance program should include property, commercial liability, auto, equipment coverage and excess liability.
- Industry-specific products like contractor’s professional liability, owners and contractor’s protective, and railroad protective may need to be considered.
- Contractor’s bonds: A contractor’s license bond is a license and permit bond which is designed to assist all types of contractors. In many states, contractor bonds are required and help ensure that the contractor will operate in compliance with the local statutes as well as laws.
- As an independent contractor, you may need to have worker’s compensation insurance. Worker’s comp regulations are mandated state by state. If you are in business for yourself, and you do not have employees, you are most likely not required to buy worker’s comp.
- If you are involved in certain kinds of work, you will need environmental liability coverage.
- Depending on how the contract is written, you may need builder’s risk which covers the building from loss due to fire etc.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. provides insurance for businesses using specialized truck equipment in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas. Like general contractors, specialty trade contractors face the risks that come along with running a contracting business. Protect your business and your employees with specialized coverage that caters to your industry
We are getting closer to the peak holiday shopping season. We would like to provide all our clients with a few reminders about how to be safe and to prevent your gifts and other purchases from being stolen. Shopping during the holiday season can present unique dangers, but following a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous. If you purchase expensive items you may want to change your homeowners policy.
Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t leave purchased merchandise in your parked car where it can be seen. If you take purchases to your car and then continue shopping, always put your purchases in the trunk.
- Police advise you to remove the GPS unit and if necessary, take it with you. That includes even the suction cup, if that can be removed.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with checks, credit or debit cards. Carry your cash and wallet in a front pocket to reduce your chances of having your pocket picked.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Shop with a friend.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- As you return to your car, be sure to keep your car keys in your hand.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
We hope you never have a loss or claim, but if you do, call our office as soon as possible. Remember your deductible will apply to all losses. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.