Get The Right Homeowner’s And Auto Insurance
Everyone is looking to reduce their North Bay homeowner’s insurance premiums. Many people often call our office with serious problems with their homeowner’s, auto or renter’s insurance. These problems often involve an accident or loss that was not covered, which could have been covered if our agency was involved. Selecting your personal insurance can be one of the most important financial decisions you make. Personal insurance is there to protect your home, family and assets from loss.
Here Are Common Ways People Mess Up Their Insurance
- They buy insurance online thinking that all insurance policies and companies are the same. Online policies require you to select the coverage. Recently, a woman bought her auto insurance online but did not click the collision box. She was in an accident and her car had $6,000 of uninsured damage. We work with our clients to help them understand coverage, and purchase the coverage that they really need.
- You sold your car to a relative, but still carry the insurance. This is a really bad idea. Often people have good intentions, but by doing this you put yourself at risk. Also, in most cases the sale may invalidate the insurance.
- A family member takes a job with Uber. Unfortunately, your auto insurance will not provide any insurance if you use your personal vehicle as a cab, commercial delivery or “for a fee” service.
- You rent, but do not have any renter’s insurance. Even if you rent, you still may have $10,000 or more in personal property, (TV, computers, cloths, guns, etc). Renter’s insurance can protect your personal property, for very little premium.
- You do not pay premiums on time. People often think that insurance is like a utility bill and payments can be late. If payment is late, the insurance company has the right to cancel coverage.
- People buy expensive jewelry buy don’t tell the agent. If you just bought your wife a new ring, and the value is over $2,000, you will need to add it to your policy. There are limitations for jewelry, so call our office for more information.
- You started a home business. Running a home business is not automatically covered under your personal insurance. You will need to make changes to your policy.
- If you have a change of marital status you will need to make changes to your insurance. If a loss occurs after a divorce, insurance payments can take much longer to figure out.
- Don’t use your auto policy for every little scratch and dent. It will only drive up your premiums.
Please call our office today if you need to make any changes in your insurance program. When you work with North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., you’ll experience the exceptional service and attention to detail that you can only find with an independent insurance agency.
Most of us in the North Bay are hardworking honest people, who are building strong families and are productive members of our community. Unfortunately, there are a few people who try to take advantage of us and we need to be educated on what to watch for. Fraud, including insurance scams, is the second-most burdensome financial crime in the United States. Tax evasion is number one.
Here are a few of the most common scams. Most fall under auto insurance
- Forced Rear-ending – Typically, the scammer will slow down or come to a stop in busy traffic, or swoop in front of the victim at an intersection or an on-ramp, causing the driver to crash into them from behind. In most states, the person who rear-ended the other driver is the liable party, thus the scam begins. At this point, the scammer will claim high medical bills and unusual property damage, (loss of IPhone, damage to other personal property, etc).
- Counterfeit Air Bags – Each year, about 1.6 million air bags inflate during crashes, saving thousands of lives. But, during the repair process, at least a small percentage of those deployed air bags will be replaced with counterfeits, which can be life-threatening. Make sure you use a reputable repair shop and ask to have factory airbags installed.
- Windshield Replacement Rip-Offs – Don’t fall for the person in a van who stops you to say he can offer to fix your windshield. The scammer takes your insurance information and files a false claim. Only use well known repair shops.
- Phantom Victims – Often after an accident, you are not fully aware of everyone and everything around you. The scam is the injured party will say there was another passenger in the vehicle and make a false claim. When gathering information after an accident, such as the other driver’s license number and contact information, also count the number of passengers in the other car (if any) and take photos of the other car, its passengers, and the general scene.
We hope none of these happen to you. However, if you do have an accident, we are here to help you through your claim.
As a locally owned and operated insurance agency in Sonoma, California, North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. is committed to providing quality insurance products for individuals and businesses. We combine our strong insurance background and product knowledge to assist both current and future clients in managing and planning for all types of risk.
What You Need To Know About Discrimination Claims
Your employees can be, and should be, your most important asset. Often, they are the front line of customer services. They solve problems, sell your products and services, and represent your business to your customers and prospects. Managing employees can be rewarding and challenging at the same time. North Bay Employees are very aware of their rights and your responsibilities; which should lead you to be professional, kind and follow the law as you relate to your employees.
North Bay Employment Practice Liability Insurance is a product that many businesses buy to protect themselves from litigation. A recent article in the Insurance Journal points out that while employment claims are down; claims involving retaliation are at an all-time high.
The following are the top categories of charges filed with the EEOC:
- Retaliation under all statutes: 37,955 (42.8 percent of all charges filed)
- Race (including racial harassment): 31,073 (35 percent)
- Sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment): 26,027 (29.3 percent)
- Disability: 25,369 (28.6 percent)
- Age: 20,588 (23.2 percent)
- National Origin: 9,579 (10.8 percent)
How To Reduce The Possibility Of Employment Claims
This is not a complete list, but is considered a start to developing solid human resource policies.
- Create an employee handbook- include “at-will” employment clause.
- Have a clear anti-discrimination policy
- Document conversations
- Complete annual employee reviews
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we’re committed to keeping your business protected – so you can focus on your day-to-day operations. And with the right insurance plan, your business will be covered from top to bottom.
For more information click Here
North Bay Property managers have a need for proper insurance coverage. Property managers often get caught between the owners and tenants. There is increased litigation holding all professionals to a higher standard, and that includes property managers. In addition, property managers who have an equity interest in the property have increased risks that often lead to conflict of interest claims. Property Management Insurance form North Bay Insurance Brokers addresses the many unique risks property managers face.
- Tenant Discrimination insurance – Property managers are covered when current, prospective or former tenants allege wrongful discrimination.
- Errors and Omissions Coverage – Errors and omissions coverage protects property managers against liability claims from third party financial losses resulting from failure to perform duties as a professional.
- Builders risk insurance – Many property managers make the mistake of having the contractor purchase builders risk insurance on their behalf. We recommend the property manager secure the coverage in their name.
Property management firms have many exposures that can lead to lawsuits. Dealing with owners, residents, employees, vendors, and regulatory authorities of both residential and commercial properties can, and does, lead to lawsuits. Things can go wrong, and the property manager is always the one in the middle of the problem.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. provides industry-specific insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas.
Every industry has specific needs when it comes to insurance. Industry-specific risks make it impossible for insurance companies to lump together one insurance plan for every business. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.