Five Spring Home Remodeling Insurance Tips
Many People in the North Bay are planning a home remodeling project for the spring or summer. These projects may include a new backyard, kitchen or an addition for the expanding family. Whatever your personal project, you will need to protect yourself from the financial risks and hazards associated with a home remodel project.
North Bay Insurance Brokers is your trusted solution for homeowners insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable, and will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure.
If you are thinking or planning on hiring a contractor to help or construction company to help you with your project, keep these tips in mind. Following these guidelines will help reduce your risk and increase your chances for a successful, and hopefully stress-free, project. Always ask for insurance from the contractor or company.
- Before you hire a contractor, it is good to ask for references. The Better Business Bureau is an excellent place to start.
- Know what you want and have a specific list of products, including the brands. For example, if you want an Air Conditioner, be specific about the type and brand. There are many brands; some good and some not so good.
- Always have a written contract with a competition date.
- Go visit other homes on which the contractor has worked.
- Some contractors may ask for 100% of the payment upfront. Never do this. A small (10% to 15% upfront is normal)
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.