According to leading industry experts, distracted driving accounts for 1/3rd of all commercial auto accidents and is causing business insurance rates to rise for the 5th straight year. This is an important topic that employers need to understand and respond to.
North Bay Insurance Brokers understands the value of your commercial vehicles and the employees who drive them. From trips across the country to local deliveries and promotions, your mobile business fleet takes on the open road to keep operations running smoothly – but accidents do happen.
What Are The Types of Distracted Driving
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road;
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel; and
- Cognitive: taking your mind off of driving
- Drivers under the age of 23 have the highest proportion of distraction-related fatal crashes.
- Commercial drivers that drive long hours without breaks.
- Create a formal, written policy stating your organization’s position on mobile device use while driving.
- Educate drivers about the risks and potential consequences of driving while distracted.
- Make this part of your monthly safety meetings.
- Enforce the rules.
- Reward safe drivers.
Our professionals work diligently to understand our client’s risks, goals, culture & vision in order to develop with you a risk management program to support your mission. Every industry has specific needs when it comes to insurance. Industry-specific risks make it impossible for insurance companies to lump together one insurance plan for every business. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.