Our Business Insurance Answers
Your business insurance is an important part of your risk management program. It is important to have the right insurance coverage, competitive pricing, and the right insurer. We have researched the top Google searches regarding business insurance programs, and we thought you might like to see what kinds of questions people are asking.
- What are the different kinds of business insurance? Business insurance can be broken down into the following categories; commercial property, general liability, crime, commercial auto, professional liability, and excess liability.
- What is employment liability insurance?Employment liability insurance covers claims made by your employees for injury that they suffer due to their work.
- Do I need business interruption insurance? Yes, every business should have some level of business interruption coverage. This insurance covers your business in the event you have to shut down for period of time due to a covered loss.
- How much insurance is enough? If you own a business, you should always consider liability limits of at least $1,000,000. Depending on your business you may need more. For example, if you own a wall building company you will want to have higher limits than someone who owns a laundry business.
- Is combined liability insurance available? You can build a business insurance policy that combines all the coverage you need for your business. You can take out liability, product liability, and employers’ liability cover to create a combined liability insurance policy.
By carefully selecting a professional insurance representative and communicating your expectations, you can add an effective business advisor to your management team. North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. provides insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas.
Workers’ Compensation Risks For Growing Companies
In today’s ever changing business world, every North Bay business needs quality employees to help the business meet client demand, grow revenue, and manage risk. Today’s growing businesses need to understand the importance of an effective business insurance program. Workers’ Compensation insurance is a central part of that program.
There are at least five kinds of employees that define today’s workers.
- Temporary worker–Businesses are using temporary workers at an increased rate. Employers must comply with updated labor and OSHA regulations. Temporary workers face a much higher injury rate than do regular employees.
- Contractors–Some businesses use contractors to try to get around labor laws, workers’ compensation, and unemployment statutes. Both the State and Federal Governments are cracking down on these practices, and have established new definitions and guidelines as to how employees are defined.
- Fist job employees–Lack of experience and training can lead to increased injury rates among new employees.
- Seasonal employees–Long work hours and little to no training increases risk of injury and loss to employers.
- Shift workers–If your business operates three shifts you may not have the same attention to safety during the 2nd or 3rd Make sure all staff receives the same training.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. understands the value of good employees. We know that your day-to-day operations depend on their hard work, expertise, and dedication, and if you supply them with quality benefits and plans, they can work with the peace of mind assurance that they’re properly protected.
Having the right Workers Compensation plan from North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. can allow your business to ensure payments and cover expenses if an employee is injured from a work-related accident. Injuries can range from car accidents and back injuries to equipment malfunctions and, in some unfortunate cases, death.
According to the US Fire Administration over 400 homes are destroyed annually by causes related to Christmas tree fires. offers competitive rates on homeowner’s insurance that would cover accidental damage due to Christmas tree fires. Here are a few good reminders to help you enjoy the holiday:
- Keep your Christmas tree well watered. Refilling the water every day will help it last about two to three weeks.
- Check the tree for freshness before buying. A freshly cut tree will have a sticky trunk and the needles will not fall off if touched.
- Set your tree away from heat vents and the fireplace. Heated air just dries out a tree, and one shooting spark can cause a disaster.
- Inspect the lights. Check for exposed or worn wires, as well as broken sockets.
- Turn off the lights at night; use a timer if needed.
- Do not burn the tree in your fireplace.
- Do not overload the electrical circuits.
- Take your tree down the first of January.
It is important to have us review your homeowner’s insurance to make sure that you have the proper coverage. A homeowner’s insurance review can take less time than a scoring drive by the Cal Bears?
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible. Our insurance specialists will work with you one-on-one to find a policy that keeps you and your drivers protected at all costs – for peace-of-mind driving assurance.