With all the recent cyber breaches we are all becoming more interested in protecting our identity. We want to provide a few tips to help you protect yourself against identity theft.
North Bay Identity Theft Insurance
Identity Theft coverage from North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. is a simple and affordable way to protect you and your family from this growing threat. By adding ID coverage to your current Homeowners, Condo, or Renters Insurance policy, you’ll receive invaluable tools to help cover the costs and expenses of restoring your identity
If your identity is stolen, on average you may spend over 40 hours and over $1,500 to recover and restore your information.
Some clues that your identity has been stolen:
- Errors or charges that are not yours on credit card statements.
- Billing statements are missing or don’t show up.
- New accounts are opened in your name.
- Debt collectors call about debts that are not yours.
- Calls or mail about accounts in your minor child’s name.
- Order a credit report annually.
- Some credit cards now offer credit information on every statement.
- Carefully read all statements.
- Pay your bills online using a secure site if that service is available.
- Check and verify all charges on credit card statements.
- Don’t put outgoing mail, especially bill payments, in personal curbside mail boxes.
- Keep important documents in a safe.
- Don’t travel with all your credit cards, only take what you need.
- Buy a shredder and use it.
- Create passwords or PIN numbers out of a random mix of letters and numbers.
- Limit information on social media.
- Don’t give out your financial or personal information over the phone or Internet
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know.
- Keep your computer’s operating system, browser, and security up to date.
- Use anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, and a firewall.
Call us today for a free identity theft insurance quote. Identity theft insurance can provide valuable coverage and resources when you need the most. Having your identity stolen is frustrating enough. Having to recover and restore your credit and finances should not have to be. Talk with a specialist at North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. to learn how Identity Theft coverage can help save you time, money, and a whole lot of pain.