White house in water, flood
North Bay Home Insurance and Personal Safety Update
There are many events that can create devastation to homes and families. These events can include winds, floods, fire, and more. Your homeowner’s insurance may not automatically cover wind or flood damage, especially if you live in a high-risk area. Homeowner’s insurance coverage can be adjusted or separate flood and wind coverage can be purchased.
Now is the time to prepare
- Review your insurance to make sure you have adequate coverage and limits.
- Hold an annual family meeting to discuss issues and plans.
- Notify neighbors and family members of your plan.
- Plan for any special medical needs.
Your Emergency Kit Should include
- Three-day supply of food and water
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Photocopies of identification and credit cards
- Basic tools
- Solar power source for smart phone
- Dust masks for every family member
- Items for infants such as formula, diapers, bottles, and pacifiers
- First aid kit
At North Bay Insurance Brokers Insurance Agency, we know you’ve invested a lot of time and money in your personal property and keepsakes. A flood insurance policy will cover the cost of replacing your valuables from any flood-related damage.
Flood insurance is available through the federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program, however, it’s a better bet to purchase a flood insurance policy from the same agent or company who provides you with your home insurance. Here’s why: your agent or current insurance company can provide much higher limits of coverage than the NFIP, especially if your loss proves to be catastrophic. There is usually a 30-day waiting period before this type of insurance becomes valid.
A North Bay Business Insurance Update
In a recent study conducted by the Business Continuity Institute, the threat of cyber-attack is one of the biggest fears of large companies. However, did you know that according to the Insurance Information Institute, small businesses actually have a greater chance of having a cyber-attack than they do of having a fire? It is very important that your business insurance program have cyber coverage. If you are not sure you have this coverage, call our office today.
Other Business Concerns
Our clients often share current business concerns with us, and together we help find solutions. Some of these include:
- Business Interruption – Business Interruption Insurance keeps you financially stable if you are forced to vacate your business premises. You can continue to provide your employees with pay and manage bills during the period in which the business cannot operate.
- Attract top Talent – Getting the top people has always been an important part of business planning. It is important to keep your employees engaged and energized in the business process and planning.
- Social Media Activity – Social media can be a good tool to enhance your businesses brand and reputation. The downside is that social media can also be inflammatory. We recommend that you have a social media policy that outlines what employees can and cannot post regarding your business.
- Regulatory Risk –The regulatory climate is always changing for businesses. Almost every month there is some new law, regulation, or statue with which your business must now comply. Remember, your business insurance generally does not cover fines or penalties imposed by Local, State, or the Federal Government.
North Bay Insurance Brokers provides industry-specific insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas. Every industry has specific needs when it comes to insurance. Industry-specific risks make it impossible for insurance companies to lump together one insurance plan for every business. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.