A Personal Insurance Update
Having the right North Bay homeowners or renter’s insurance is a good way to protect your home and property while you are away having fun this summer. Personal insurance can offer replacement for loss or damage property.
Home Burglary facts (Source FBI, Harris Interactive Polls)
- 25% of burglars get in through the back door.
- Homes with security systems have a 30% less chance of being targets.
- A majority of convicted burglars say they avoid homes with alarm systems.
- 27% of homeowners say they leave their doors unlocked.
- Burglars will use social media to select targets.
- The average cost to replace stolen items is $4,200.
Vacation Safety Tips
- Stop the paper and garbage.
- Keep valuables in a locked safe.
- Lock up all guns.
- Tell neighbors about your trip. Have them watch for deliveries.
- Don’t take all your credits cards on vacation, only take the ones you may need.
- Use automatic lights to give the appearance of someone being at home.
- Pay all your bills so that key utilities don’t get turned off.
- Inform your credit card companies where you plan on traveling. This information will alert them to any fraud.
- Mow the lawn before you go to make it look like you are at home.
- Give you itinerary to a family member.
- Don’t post vacation pictures on social media sites until your return home.
- Have us complete a free home insurance review before you go.
It is important to note that not all homeowner’s policies are created equal, and what one company offers may not be the same as another company. Also keep in mind, if you bought your policy online, who really knows what coverage you have?
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.