A Business Insurance Update
There are many ways to select a business insurance agent. Some businesses may use the bidding method, where they call many agents and have them “bid” their business insurance. The problem with this is you really don’t know if you are getting equal products. It is almost impossible to compare products “apple to apple.” The low bid may have limited, or no, coverage in areas in which your business needs coverage. The best way to select insurance is to find a qualified and experienced agent who knows and understands your industry. Then, allow that agency to go into the market on your behalf to find you the best possible price and coverage.
How to select an agent?
A qualified agent should help you identify your risks and help you understand what you should insure. Then the agent should design a coverage plan, and go to the market to negotiate the best possible combination of coverage, pricing, and service. Here are a few questions for you to consider using when selecting your agent.
- “If I had a claim, how would you help me?”
- “How many years of experience do you have? And your staff?”
- “When I call the agency with a question, who would I be speaking with?”
- “May I have three references?”
- “What ratings do the insurers have that you might use?”
- “What systems do you have to help manage your business?”
- “How do you define customer service?”
- “What is your policy for returning phone calls?”
- “How long do you usually keep a client?”
- “What makes you skilled at what you do?”
- “Do you have any industry awards?”
- “Will I have to ask for my renewal to be processed?”
North Bay Insurance Brokers provides industry-specific insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas.
Every industry has specific needs when it comes to insurance. Industry-specific risks make it impossible for insurance companies to lump together one insurance plan for every business. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.