Workers’ compensation fraud is becoming a major issue for employers and impacting costs for everyone. Experts estimate that workers’ comp fraud costs billions of dollars every year. The national crime bureau estimates that 10% of workers’ comp claims are fraudulent.
Workers Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation is an important part of your North Bay business insurance program. It is required by state law that your business has workers’ compensation insurance.
Employees — Workers’ compensation provides injured employees with medical treatment and time loss in the event of a serious injury.
Employers — Workers’ compensation provides employers with the security that insurance will be there to help treat and restore injured workers.
The Top Types Of Workers’ Comp Fraud
- Making a false claim. This is where the injury never actually occurred.
- Working another job while collecting work comp benefits. Some individuals may be on workers’ comp and have a second job.
- The exaggerated claim. An injured worker may have a legal claim but exaggerates the severity in order to collect more money.
What Can Employers Do To Reduce Workers’ Comp Fraud?
- Investigate every claim.
- Establish procedures for reporting accidents.
- Educate your employees about workers’ compensation.
- Offer a return to work program.
- Stay in contact with employees for the duration of the time off.
- Maintain a safety program with active employee involvement.
- Stay in contact with employees for the duration of the time off.
- Have a designated workers’ compensation medical provider.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. understands the value of good employees. We know that your day-to-day operations depend on their hard work, expertise, and dedication, and if you supply them with quality benefits and plans, they can work with the peace of mind assurance that they’re properly protected.
Having the right Workers Compensation plan from North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. can allow your business to ensure payments and cover expenses if an employee is injured from a work-related accident. Injuries can range from car accidents and back injuries to equipment malfunctions and, in some unfortunate cases, death.
Are you frustrated with the lack of good customer service? Are you tired of calling a company and getting someone in a foreign county? When you go to the store and ask for help, do you get a teenager who knows less than you do about your questions?
If you are looking for insurance in the North Bay, it can be much easier than you think. Working with an agent will save you time and money on your insurance.
Why You Should Be Your Agents Best Friend
- Agents care about helping you find the best combination of price, coverage, and service.
- When you call our agency you get a licensed professional who can actually answer your questions.
- We take time to find the best option for you.
- You will get more choices of insurance products and companies.
- Our employees live and work in your community.
- If you have a claim, you have an advocate to help you.
- We can make insurance easier to understand.
- We offer many online services you may desire, always backed up by a real person.
We know which companies have the best track record when it comes to pleasing their policy holders. We can narrow your options down and help you choose between the best insurance companies in the market. Not all insurance agents are the same! Choosing the right one can make a big difference – in price, service, and value. Our agency has a proven track record, we live here and we understand the needs of our neighbors.
Our trusted insurance professionals are here to help you with every step of the insurance process and can design a personal or commercial insurance policy to fit your needs. One of the insurance professionals at North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. will work closely with you to ensure that you receive individualized attention you deserve.
When you work with North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., you’ll experience the exceptional service and attention to detail that you can only find with an independent insurance agency
Is Your North Bay Home Insurance Prepared For Severe Weather?
We have been experiencing droughts throughout our state, and we can’t water our lawns. Yet the weather experts are now predicting severe winter weather, including above average rainfall. Many state and local emergency officials are now preparing for severe flooding. They say we may be in for a very wet winter.
Waters over the Northern Pacific, particularly from Alaska to California, are also warm. The cycle in this part of the Pacific takes many years to run its course. The effect of the warm waters in the northern Pacific could counteract some of the impact of a strong El Niño. This winter’s El Niño could become the strongest in more than 50 years. Alex Sosnowski, AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist
How Does Homeowner’s Insurance Apply?
Most homeowner’s insurance policies will cover damage from rain but not from flooding. Flood coverage is excluded and you need to purchase a separate policy. There is a 30 day waiting period for all flood insurance.
Take action now for unpredicted weather
- Inspect all windows and weather stripping.
- Check and clean gutters.
- Inspect your fireplace and flue system to ensure that they’re clean of any soot or creosote and that there aren’t any cracks or voids that could cause a fire hazard.
- Make sure that water runs away from your foundation.
- Check hot water heater for leaks.
- Insulate any water lines/pipes that run along outer walls.
- Check all smoke alarms and replace batteries.
- Repair roof leaks and cut away tree branches that could fall on your home or other structure during a storm.
As a locally owned and operated insurance agency in Sonoma, California, North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. is committed to providing quality insurance products for individuals and businesses. We combine our strong insurance background and product knowledge to assist both current and future clients in managing and planning for all types of risk.
College and pro football season is about to kick off, and that means this Saturday or Sunday many of us will also be enjoying the traditional tailgate parties. But don’t let a great day be spoiled by lack of personal insurance. Did you know that in many cases, your homeowner’s insurance can cover your liability if you injure someone during a tailgate party? It is important to have us review your homeowner’s insurance to make sure that you have the proper coverage. A homeowner’s insurance review can take less time than a scoring drive by the Oregon Ducks high flying offense!
Here are some simple Safety Tips For Your Tailgate Party
- Keep food at a safe temperature while transporting from home to the game.
- Keep foods separated in plastic bags.
- Preparing and cooking meat requires using proper sanitation.
- Always cook meat completely. Hot foods must be kept at 140°F or higher. If you’ve prepared all your food at home, make sure it’s quickly cooled. Then, keep it below 40°F.
- When packing the cooler, be sure raw meat and poultry are wrapped securely and separately.
- Don’t let food sit out for hours.
- If you serve any fish/shellfish make sure your party guests don’t have allergies. Don’t use the same cooking surface for fish/shellfish and other foods.
- Even on cloudy days, you may have a need for sunscreen.
- Drink lots of water.
- Pack lots of ice to keep foods fresh.
- Try to monitor drinking; there is nothing worse than a drunken football fan.
- If you use a grill, make sure you follow all manufactures safety instructions.
- Don’t use a grill close to any vehicles.
- Keep lighter fluid away from grill or heat.
- Always have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible. Our insurance specialists will work with you one-on-one to find a policy that keeps you and your drivers protected at all costs – for peace-of-mind driving assurance.