When it comes to auto insurance, having options can be a very important way to save money. Putting money back in your pocket is one of our primary goals. We know and understand the auto insurance market. This allows us to provide you with the best possible combination of pricing, coverage and service.
Auto insurance rates
Auto insurance rates differ from company to company, so it really pays to have us shop your insurance. Some markets offer better rates for trucks, RV and campers, while others can offer better rates for motorcycles.
Auto premium savings
There are many things you can do to keep your auto rates at the lowest level possible.
- Review your deductibles. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your Collision and Comprehensive costs by 15 to 20 percent.
- How many mile you drive will impact your auto insurance premiums.
- Look for discounts. There are many different discounts offered by insurance companies. These include multi-policy, good student, and more.
- The kind of car you own can have an impact on the insurance costs. Do some research about a car, before you buy it.
- Is your coverage appropriate based on the type of car you have? If you have an older car it may benefit you to consider raising your collision deductibles.
- Get your policy up to date. Have you experienced changes like a new address, divorce or marriage? Call us for a policy review.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible. Our insurance specialists will work with you one-on-one to find a policy that keeps you and your drivers protected at all costs – for peace-of-mind driving assurance.
A business risk update
Farms, ranches, and wineries are facing several emerging risks that if not managed might have catastrophic results. There are many unique risks facing farm and ranch owners. Some of these could be covered under your existing commercial policy, while others may require additional coverage.
As the owner and operator of an independent farm or ranch, you’ve made a number of investments into your agribusiness, equipment, machinery, and crops. Livestock is also a big investment for farmers and ranchers alike, and like any financial asset, you’ll want to ensure a high-level of security and protection – so your animals will stay covered.
Here are some top emerging risks for the agribusiness
- Agritourism activities include everything from bed and breakfasts, corn mazes, educational field trips, hosting weddings and events, store or wine tastings, to “pick your own” and roadside farm stands. It is important to understand your increased liability by having visitors on your property.
- Environmental risks are increasing due to continued government oversight and control. Many agribusinesses may need to turn to nontraditional chemicals.
- Technology, which includes drones and robotic equipment, adds considerable value to your operation. However, there are new risks of privacy and costs to insure high valued equipment.
- Weather continues to be a concern due to continued climate shifts and changes.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we’re committed to keeping your business protected – so you can focus on your day-to-day operations. And with the right insurance plan, your business will be covered from top to bottom
Many people believe that they have little or no control over their homeowner’s insurance. Often, people think that premiums are determined by some “secret formula.” It is true that every company has rates for their homeowner’s insurance premiums, but there are many factors that help make up your homeowner’s premiums.
Factors that help determine your homeowner’s premiums
- Age of home
- Age of roof
- The replacement cost
- Distance to fire station
Get the best possible homeowner’s premiums
- Install deadbolt locks.
- Increase your deductible.
- Some insurers offer occupational discounts for teachers, police, firefighters, government employees, etc.
- Install a central station security system.
- Your agent can help you evaluate the different policies and companies so you can make the choice this is right for you.
- Ask for other discounts offered by your insurer.
- Make sure your replacement cost is up to date.
- Do you have replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV) coverage? We recommend replacement cost.
- Do you need loss of use coverage? Most homeowners and renters do.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.
A North Bay Insurance Review
March is over and we spent the while month watching 64 college basketball teams play to the final four, then to the championship game. Congratulations to North Carolina! The entire thing reminded us of some insurance madness. We thought we would share with you our “insurance madness final four.” These can impact your business insurance and personal insurance programs.
Insurance Madness Final Four
- Always use an independent agent. Independent agents will search the market for the best possible insurance designed for your family or business. Independents agent do not work for an insurance company, they represent you and look out after your interests first.
- Never buy insurance online. When you buy insurance online you never know if you are getting the best combination of coverage, price, and service. However, you do find out when you have an uninsured claim.
- Always consider deductible options. A simple way to save money is to consider increasing your deductible on your auto insurance, home insurance, or even your business insurance.
- Many people don’t consider these coverage’s but they should
- Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States. Every homeowner should consider identity theft coverage.
- A personal umbrella can offer additional protection for those who own a home or have personal assets worth protecting.
- Your business might be at risk if you do not have cyber liability or employment practices liability.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. is your trusted solution for homeowners insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable, and will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure.
Many Sonoma homeowners go without earthquake insurance. Often people mistakenly think that earthquakes are covered under their homeowner’s policy. Other people figure the odds are low, and that nothing will happen. Let us correct you; unless you have added earthquake coverage, it is excluded from your homeowner’s policy. Some mortgage companies may even require earthquake coverage, depending where you are located.
North Bay Earthquake Insurance
Earthquake insurance covers damage to your home and your possessions. Most earthquake policies also cover costs incurred to minimize further damage after an earthquake, plus costs for additional living expenses. Deductibles are generally 10-15% of the insured amount. Exterior structures such as pools, irrigation systems, driveways, and detached garages are generally not covered.
We recommend you consider earthquake coverage. We can help you analyze the cost benefits. Insurance is all about understanding risks, and many homeowners are at risk for earthquake losses.
As a locally owned and operated insurance agency in Sonoma, California, North Bay Insurance Brokers is committed to providing quality insurance products for individuals and businesses. We combine our strong insurance background and product knowledge to assist both current and future clients in managing and planning for all types of risk.
What You Need To Know About Discrimination Claims
Your employees can be, and should be, your most important asset. Often, they are the front line of customer services. They solve problems, sell your products and services, and represent your business to your customers and prospects. Managing employees can be rewarding and challenging at the same time. Employees are very aware of their rights and your responsibilities; which should lead you to be professional, kind and follow the law as you relate to your employees.
Employment Practice Liability Insurance is a product that many businesses buy to protect themselves from litigation. A recent article in the Insurance Journal points out that while employment claims are down; claims involving retaliation are at an all-time high.
The following are the top 10 categories of charges filed with the EEOC:
- Retaliation under all statutes: 37,955 (42.8 percent of all charges filed)
- Race (including racial harassment): 31,073 (35 percent)
- Sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment): 26,027 (29.3 percent)
- Disability: 25,369 (28.6 percent)
- Age: 20,588 (23.2 percent)
- National Origin: 9,579 (10.8 percent)
- Religion: 3,549 (4.0 percent)
- Color: 2,756 (3.1 percent)
- Equal Pay Act: 938 (1.1 percent) But note that sex-based wage discrimination can also be charged under Title VII’s sex discrimination provision
- Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act: 333 (0.4 percent)
How To Reduce The Possibility Of Employment Claims
This is not a complete list, but is considered a start to developing solid human resource policies.
- Create an employee handbook
- Have a clear anti-discrimination policy
- Document conversations
- Complete annual employee reviews
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that mistakes happen. That’s why we’re committed to helping you create a Professional Liability policy that keeps your day-to-day operations protected should your business be held legally liable.
A North Bay Personal Insurance Update
As a Recreational Vehicle owner, you love to enjoy your “home away from home.” You spend many hours cleaning and updating your RV in order to make sure your travel plans go well. Regardless of whether you are relaxing at the lake or traveling through the Rocky Mountains, you need to take the proper steps to protect what you have worked so hard to enjoy. Specialty Auto Insurance can protect your asset while giving you peace of mind knowing that if an accident does occur, you are protected.
RV Insurance Premiums
RV insurance rates do differ from company to company. It is important to have us shop your insurance to make sure you get the best insurance possible. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy. Some insurers offer better rates for trucks, RV’s, and campers, while others can offer better rates for expensive motorhomes. We can cover class A, B, and C vehicles.
RV Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive and Collision
- 24 hour roadside assistance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Emergency expense money
- Coverage for contents
- Towing coverage
- Medical payments coverage
Your standard personal auto insurance will not cover your recreational vehicle. It is better to have coverage specifically designed to the needs and risks associated with your particular RV or travel trailer.
Our agency has a long history of proudly serving your area as an Independent Insurance Agency and representing some of the best insurance companies in the business. North Bay Insurance Brokers Inc. focuses on delivering quality insurance products with a personalized, hands-on experience that sets us apart in today’s market.