As an owner of a California winery, farm or ranch you want to have the confidence that your operation is covered by a business insurance policy that addresses your specific insurance needs. Agribusiness is unique and we understand that.
Most traditional business insurance products don’t respond to the needs of farm and ranch operations. These needs can include; special farm equipment, equine property, crops, expensive wine and other livestock exposures, high valued homes, livestock breeders floater, and much more.
California Insurance Solutions
- Comprehensive agriculture insurance that spans all major lines of property and casualty
- Replacement cost on buildings
- Farm machinery, irrigation equipment and livestock
- Coverage for necessary increases in living expense
- High level of technical agribusiness expertise and agency automation
- Special farm & ranch endorsements unique to our markets
- Crop insurance
- Seasonal farms and secondary properties
As a winery or vineyard owner, you know there is much more to making fine wines than simply growing grapes. Viticulture, oenology, equipment management, staffing, marketing and insurance are all integral components of a sophisticated operation. Large or small, the unique risks confronted by vintners require customized insurance solutions. North Bay Insurance Brokers is well-versed in the unique needs of wineries, vineyard owners and vineyard managers and can provide you with the expertise required to meet your needs.
Five Spring Home Remodeling Insurance Tips
Many People in the North Bay are planning a home remodeling project for the spring or summer. These projects may include a new backyard, kitchen or an addition for the expanding family. Whatever your personal project, you will need to protect yourself from the financial risks and hazards associated with a home remodel project.
North Bay Insurance Brokers is your trusted solution for homeowners insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable, and will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure.
If you are thinking or planning on hiring a contractor to help or construction company to help you with your project, keep these tips in mind. Following these guidelines will help reduce your risk and increase your chances for a successful, and hopefully stress-free, project. Always ask for insurance from the contractor or company.
- Before you hire a contractor, it is good to ask for references. The Better Business Bureau is an excellent place to start.
- Know what you want and have a specific list of products, including the brands. For example, if you want an Air Conditioner, be specific about the type and brand. There are many brands; some good and some not so good.
- Always have a written contract with a competition date.
- Go visit other homes on which the contractor has worked.
- Some contractors may ask for 100% of the payment upfront. Never do this. A small (10% to 15% upfront is normal)
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.
According to leading industry experts, distracted driving accounts for 1/3rd of all commercial auto accidents and is causing business insurance rates to rise for the 5th straight year. This is an important topic that employers need to understand and respond to.
North Bay Insurance Brokers understands the value of your commercial vehicles and the employees who drive them. From trips across the country to local deliveries and promotions, your mobile business fleet takes on the open road to keep operations running smoothly – but accidents do happen.
What Are The Types of Distracted Driving
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road;
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel; and
- Cognitive: taking your mind off of driving
- Drivers under the age of 23 have the highest proportion of distraction-related fatal crashes.
- Commercial drivers that drive long hours without breaks.
- Create a formal, written policy stating your organization’s position on mobile device use while driving.
- Educate drivers about the risks and potential consequences of driving while distracted.
- Make this part of your monthly safety meetings.
- Enforce the rules.
- Reward safe drivers.
Our professionals work diligently to understand our client’s risks, goals, culture & vision in order to develop with you a risk management program to support your mission. Every industry has specific needs when it comes to insurance. Industry-specific risks make it impossible for insurance companies to lump together one insurance plan for every business. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.
A Recipe For Success
Hot surfaces, sharp knives, foodborne illnesses, patrons coming and going on a daily basis are some of the risks restaurants face every day. Restaurant owners face a multitude of risks that are specific to your industry. And that’s in addition to the typical concerns smallest businesses must prepare for like property damage to your premises or loss of important customer, vendor, or employee files and records.
Restaurants accounted for about 45% of the total dollars spent on food, and 45% of adults said restaurants are part of their daily life. This is good news for the restaurant industry because it means that there are a lot of people dining in restaurants. Unfortunately, this also means that there is an increase in the possibility of claims against restaurants.
If you own a restaurant, it will be important to have the proper restaurant insurance to keep your restaurant open should the unthinkable happen. If your restaurant, bakery, catering service, or tavern is going to have staying power, you have to build a plan for managing potential pitfalls, and that includes insurance.
Here are few of the kinds of insurance coverage your hospitality business needs to consider:
- Property Insurance
- Liquor Liability
- General Liability
- Worker’s Compensation
- Business Income Food Spoilage
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Food Borne Illness Coverage
Without insurance, you would have to pay all court costs and fines out of pocket in the event that someone files a lawsuit over an injury they sustained at your establishment.
As a locally owned and operated insurance agency in Sonoma, California, North Bay Insurance Brokers is committed to providing quality insurance products for individuals and businesses. We combine our strong insurance background and product knowledge to assist both current and future clients in managing and planning for all types of risk.
North Bay Insurance Brokers provides insurance to businesses in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, American Canyon, and surrounding areas.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we’re committed to keeping your business protected – so you can focus on your day-to-day operations. And with the right insurance plan, your business will be covered from top to bottom.
The EEOC just released the latest numbers relating to employment claims, and they remind us of the need for employment practices liability insurance.
- Retaliation was the most frequently filed charge with the EEOC in 2018, followed by race and disability.
- Sexual harassment charges with the EEOC increased by 13.6%, based on preliminary 2018 results.
- Monetary awards recovered for victims of sexual harassment increased by 47.4%.
- The #MeToo movement and resulting publicity have caused visits to the EEOC sexual harassment website page to more than double over last year.
We can offer a very comprehensive and affordable Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) products available in the industry today. Coverage can include protection against allegations of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation. Coverage can be further enhanced to include Wage and Hour and Third Party Wrongful Acts. Get a quick quote and share with your client today.
No matter what business you’re in, each workday is dedicated to doing your job well and providing your customers with the best service possible. North Bay Insurance Brokers would like to return the favor by giving you the coverage you need to ensure the security of your business.
Cyber Insurance Can Benefit Your Business
Cyber liability is the risk that every business faces today. You do not have to be a technology company to have a cyber liability risk. According to the latest studies by insurance experts, firms with 50 or fewer employees are the most at risk of having a loss, due to lack of controls and security. In fact, your business has a greater chance of having a cyber loss than it does of having a fire.
Cyber Liability Risk Management
We recommend that every business consider cyber liability insurance. As businesses consider protecting themselves against cyber-attacks, it is important to understand what actions should be taken once a cyber breach occurs.
- Read your cyber liability policy, so you understand the coverage. It is important you understand the cyber risk coverage and how it works before the loss occurs.
- Select an independent agent like our agency, to help you design a product that fits your needs, including deductibles levels.
- Develop a cyber breach policy to help manage a data breach. Once a breach occurs, there should be a clear procedure for employees to follow. This would include notifying clients and vendors.
- Report the claim as soon as possible to your cyber liability insurer. It might also be a good idea to submit a claim to your other commercial liability insurers as well.
- Protect client’s information should be your first priory. Make sure you have the right coverage for notification and any legal fees as part of your cyber liability policy.
- Your cyber insurance should also cover breaches arising from mobile devices.
- Look for coverage that does not have contractual liability exclusions.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we understand that being unique is what makes your business successful across the board. That’s why we provide industry-specific insurance options for businesses of all types.
A North Bay Personal Insurance Update
As we move into 2019, it is important to take stock of your personal insurance program. Many different life events can affect your personal insurance. Having the right kind of personal insurance can make a big difference if, and when, you ever have a claim. Please call our office for an insurance review.
What Should Be Part of Your 2019 Personal Insurance Planning?
- Should I consider a personal umbrella policy?
- Is my home valued correctly?
- Do I need to add or remove any drivers?
- Have my life insurance needs changed?
Things That Can Affect Your Insurance
- Marital status.
- Children in college.
- Purchase of a new vehicle, ATV, motorcycle, or boat.
- Planned foreign travel.
- Purchased any items of value like art, guns, or jewelry.
- Starting a home-based business.
- Purchasing a vacation home.
- Using your home as rental income.
If you call us, one of our team members will help you find the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service. Our agents have access to more carriers, and that means that they have more options, including multiple policy discounts and preferred premium pricing.
Remember, knowledge is power. Therefore, the more information your agent has the better pricing and coverage they will provide for you. North Bay Insurance Brokers. is your trusted solution for homeowner’s insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable, and will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure.