Everyone in the North Bay loves a barbeque. Summer is here and we know that many of you are already firing up your grill and bringing on the steaks. But be safe when grilling. Did you know that in 2017, there were over 8,000 home fires that started from grills? 27% of these were stated on a balcony or porch. Every year, over 7,000 people are injured while grilling.
Summer is also a good time to complete a home insurance review. We can make sure that you have the right combination of price, coverage, and service.
Grilling Safety Tips
Thoroughly clean your gill before you start a new season of grilling.
- Always check for leaks on gas grills.
- Keep paper and other flammables away from the grill.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.
- Never BBQ inside, in a garage, on the roof or on a second story deck.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Never store or use flammable liquids, like gasoline, near the grill.
- Open the grill lid before you light it.
- Don’t wear loose fitting clothing.
- Keep a fire extinguisher outside or close by.
- Never bring the propane tank into the house.
- Make sure you use the grill at least10 feet away from your house.
- Don’t overindulge in alcohol while barbecuing.
- Always clean your grill after every use. Don’t allow grease to build up.
North Bay Insurance Brokers is your trusted solution for homeowner’s insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable and will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure. Our Home Insurance coverage options include:
- Property Insurance
- Homeowners Liability
- Renters Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Mobile Home Insurance
- Scheduled Property Insurance
- Landlords Insurance
- In-Home Business Insurance
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.