North Bay Home Insurance and Personal Safety Update
There are many events that can create devastation to homes and families. These events can include winds, floods, fire, and more. Your homeowner’s insurance may not automatically cover wind or flood damage, especially if you live in a high-risk area. Homeowner’s insurance coverage can be adjusted or separate flood and wind coverage can be purchased.
Now is the time to prepare
- Review your insurance to make sure you have adequate coverage and limits.
- Hold an annual family meeting to discuss issues and plans.
- Notify neighbors and family members of your plan.
- Plan for any special medical needs.
Your Emergency Kit Should include
- Three-day supply of food and water
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Photocopies of identification and credit cards
- Basic tools
- Solar power source for smart phone
- Dust masks for every family member
- Items for infants such as formula, diapers, bottles, and pacifiers
- First aid kit
At North Bay Insurance Brokers Insurance Agency, we know you’ve invested a lot of time and money in your personal property and keepsakes. A flood insurance policy will cover the cost of replacing your valuables from any flood-related damage.
Flood insurance is available through the federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program, however, it’s a better bet to purchase a flood insurance policy from the same agent or company who provides you with your home insurance. Here’s why: your agent or current insurance company can provide much higher limits of coverage than the NFIP, especially if your loss proves to be catastrophic. There is usually a 30-day waiting period before this type of insurance becomes valid.