Workers’ Compensation Risks For Growing Companies
In today’s ever changing business world, every North Bay business needs quality employees to help the business meet client demand, grow revenue, and manage risk. Today’s growing businesses need to understand the importance of an effective business insurance program. Workers’ Compensation insurance is a central part of that program.
There are at least five kinds of employees that define today’s workers.
- Temporary worker–Businesses are using temporary workers at an increased rate. Employers must comply with updated labor and OSHA regulations. Temporary workers face a much higher injury rate than do regular employees.
- Contractors–Some businesses use contractors to try to get around labor laws, workers’ compensation, and unemployment statutes. Both the State and Federal Governments are cracking down on these practices, and have established new definitions and guidelines as to how employees are defined.
- Fist job employees–Lack of experience and training can lead to increased injury rates among new employees.
- Seasonal employees–Long work hours and little to no training increases risk of injury and loss to employers.
- Shift workers–If your business operates three shifts you may not have the same attention to safety during the 2nd or 3rd Make sure all staff receives the same training.
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. understands the value of good employees. We know that your day-to-day operations depend on their hard work, expertise, and dedication, and if you supply them with quality benefits and plans, they can work with the peace of mind assurance that they’re properly protected.
Having the right Workers Compensation plan from North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc. can allow your business to ensure payments and cover expenses if an employee is injured from a work-related accident. Injuries can range from car accidents and back injuries to equipment malfunctions and, in some unfortunate cases, death.