According to the US Fire Administration over 400 homes are destroyed annually by causes related to Christmas tree fires. offers competitive rates on homeowner’s insurance that would cover accidental damage due to Christmas tree fires. Here are a few good reminders to help you enjoy the holiday:
- Keep your Christmas tree well watered. Refilling the water every day will help it last about two to three weeks.
- Check the tree for freshness before buying. A freshly cut tree will have a sticky trunk and the needles will not fall off if touched.
- Set your tree away from heat vents and the fireplace. Heated air just dries out a tree, and one shooting spark can cause a disaster.
- Inspect the lights. Check for exposed or worn wires, as well as broken sockets.
- Turn off the lights at night; use a timer if needed.
- Do not burn the tree in your fireplace.
- Do not overload the electrical circuits.
- Take your tree down the first of January.
At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible. Our insurance specialists will work with you one-on-one to find a policy that keeps you and your drivers protected at all costs – for peace-of-mind driving assurance.