Get The Right Homeowner’s And Auto Insurance
Everyone is looking to reduce their North Bay homeowner’s insurance premiums. Many people often call our office with serious problems with their homeowner’s, auto or renter’s insurance. These problems often involve an accident or loss that was not covered, which could have been covered if our agency was involved. Selecting your personal insurance can be one of the most important financial decisions you make. Personal insurance is there to protect your home, family and assets from loss.
Here Are Common Ways People Mess Up Their Insurance
- They buy insurance online thinking that all insurance policies and companies are the same. Online policies require you to select the coverage. Recently, a woman bought her auto insurance online but did not click the collision box. She was in an accident and her car had $6,000 of uninsured damage. We work with our clients to help them understand coverage, and purchase the coverage that they really need.
- You sold your car to a relative, but still carry the insurance. This is a really bad idea. Often people have good intentions, but by doing this you put yourself at risk. Also, in most cases the sale may invalidate the insurance.
- A family member takes a job with Uber. Unfortunately, your auto insurance will not provide any insurance if you use your personal vehicle as a cab, commercial delivery or “for a fee” service.
- You rent, but do not have any renter’s insurance. Even if you rent, you still may have $10,000 or more in personal property, (TV, computers, cloths, guns, etc). Renter’s insurance can protect your personal property, for very little premium.
- You do not pay premiums on time. People often think that insurance is like a utility bill and payments can be late. If payment is late, the insurance company has the right to cancel coverage.
- People buy expensive jewelry buy don’t tell the agent. If you just bought your wife a new ring, and the value is over $2,000, you will need to add it to your policy. There are limitations for jewelry, so call our office for more information.
- You started a home business. Running a home business is not automatically covered under your personal insurance. You will need to make changes to your policy.
- If you have a change of marital status you will need to make changes to your insurance. If a loss occurs after a divorce, insurance payments can take much longer to figure out.
- Don’t use your auto policy for every little scratch and dent. It will only drive up your premiums.
Please call our office today if you need to make any changes in your insurance program. When you work with North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., you’ll experience the exceptional service and attention to detail that you can only find with an independent insurance agency.