North Bay Auto Insurance Rate Increases
There are many factors that may cause your North Bay auto insurance rates to increase. These factors might include having a number of accidents, adding teen drivers or buying a newer car. The primary factors that will contribute to increased auto insurance rates are moving violations. Also, drivers who file an auto insurance claim will see their rates climb by an average of 38% nationwide, while those who file two claims within a 12-month period can expect to pay nearly twice as much as claim-free drivers, according to a new report by Quadrant Information Systems.
The Most Expensive Auto Violations Nationwide Include:
- DUI—93% increase in insurance premium
- Reckless driving—82% increase
- Speeding—30% increase for 31+ mph over the limit
28% increase for 16-30mph over the limit
21% increase for 1-15mph over the limit
- Careless driving—27% increase
- Failure to stop—19% increase
- Failure to yield to pedestrians—19% increase
- Driving in a carpool lane—18% increase
How to Keep Auto Insurance Rates Down
- Be a defensive driver
- Combine your home and auto with one insurer. If you purchase your auto, homeowners and umbrella coverage from one carrier, for example, the impact of violations on premiums may be less severe.
- Use an independent agent who can shop your insurance on a regular basis.
You buy California auto insurance to protect yourself when you have an accident or claim. When something bad happens you want your auto insurance company to respond. When it comes to auto insurance, knowledge is power. Here are some facts to help educate you about auto insurance. At North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc., we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible